Monday, June 5, 2017

Kids Should Get Pocket Money

Success Criteria
  • I prepare for the writing task
  • My writing states my point of view and then includes three big reasons with detail.
  • Include simple and compound sentences.
  • Include some complex sentences.
  • Start most of my sentences with different words.
  • Include emotional and persuasive language.
  • I organise my ideas with supporting evidence into paragraphs
  • I record essential list words correctly.
  • I use basic punctuation correctly  .  ,  !  ?  ‘  ;  “  “



I am writing to persuade people that children should get pocket money for doing jobs around the house, I have 3 main points to support my argument.


Help When They Are Adults
If everyone gets money when they’re children they will learn how to save money for important things, and won’t have to learn to save when they are older and learn as children.  Everyone will soon make important decisions about what they need and want, they would buy food and a drink over a crazy pen.
Of course getting pocket money will definitely help with their education, because when you  get pocket money obviously you save it for a bit ( Then spend it ) Every dollar will help your future. Pocket money also helps with getting houses and cars and everything else you need when you are older.


Responsibility
Secondly, at school during maths your child will learn the value of money. Before children get pocket money, parents could go over rules about receiving pocket money. Children will also learn how to manage their budget wisely so they don’t go over it when they are older and hopefully they don’t forget what is was!
Furthermore, they will become careful when spending money and won’t spend on lollies, junk food and lots of stuff they don’t need. It is probably better to start giving pocket money to your children now so then they learn what they’re  spending their money on and don’t make mistakes when they are adults.


Learn How To Spend Wisely
I am sure that when children get pocket money they can save up to buy something that they have always wanted ( like a hoverboard )and then your parents won’t have to buy it for you. Sometimes parents let you down and say “No, sorry darling.” But when you save you can buy something with your own money and won’t be let down again by your parents ( I guess that is one way you couldn’t get into a fight with your parents) When children start getting pocket money they should start a savings and spending account, a savings account is when you have an account in the bank and it saves all your money for you. When you are a child your parents take care of your account. When I do my jobs and get pocket money my parents put a bit in my savings account and some to me  so then I don’t have to worry about a lot of money.


                I strongly believe that children should get pocket money for doing jobs around the house!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the words you used Ruby. I also like how you supported your argument your points are very persuasive and effective. Great job Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Ruby! I really like how much extra detail you put into your writing like when you said " (like a hoverboard). Keep up the great work Ruby!

    ReplyDelete