Biography Writing Plan - Ruby.L - Lorde
Once you have chosen a person to write about, find out as much as you can about him or her. Keep track of what you learn by completing the sections below.
WALT communicate and inform the reader effectively (Level 2ii)
Purpose: to inform
Text type: Biography
Success Criteria (based on Kidspeak progressions)
- I use a plan to organise my writing (structure)
- I use specific words about the topic (vocabulary)
- I write a variety of sentence lengths (sentence formation)
- I support the main ideas with detail (content and ideas)
- I attempt words I don’t know by using my sound/letter knowledge (spelling)
- I use capital letters, full stops, question marks, exclamation marks, commas for lists correctly. (punctuation)
- Lorde ( Real name Ella )
Information about this person’s childhood:
Lorde’s place of birth is Takapuna / Auckland. Lorde was also raised in Devonport
She became interested in music and then decided to make music / songs.
Lorde’s birthday is on November 7th in 1996 ( Age 18 ).
Her height is 1.65 meters.
Lorde’s parents name is called Sonja Yelich and Vic O'Connor.
Lorde went to Belmont intermediate school.
Her albums are Pure Heroine, The Love Club EP, Live In Concert.
Information about this person’s accomplishments:
Lorde became a musician by listening to songs when she was a little kid. She writes songs (Music) like Royals, Yellow flicker, Team, Tennis Court and Everybody wants to rule the world. The Washington Post said " Lorde is the first woman in 17 years to top Billboard's Alternative Chart."
Why is this person important:
She is famous because of her music that she has written and performed. Lorde won the grammy Awards for her single song “Royals,” It was the Best pop solo performance and the song of the Year ( In 2014 )
Here is a Photo of Lorde