Monday, April 13, 2015

Pirate Ship


20150408_154650


This is the Pirate ship from splash planet, it got burnt down by these silly boys. It is sad because it was made in 1967 and now it's 2015.  My mum was walking the dogs down the park at six o’clock like usual and she saw a big ball of smoke in the sky and then she saw fire.

20150405_061112

20150405_060945
She went around this walk that we always do and she thought that the jungle jeeps were on fire but the pirate ship caught on fire. They cut a hole in the fence and went in and then put it on fire. This man saw four boys running away from it and laughing and he told my mum.  Once my mum told me I felt like crying because it was made before I was born, it was closed all the time because it was direlect and the owners at Splash Planet thought it might break.  I think that the canoes were underneath so they probably caught on fire is well.

On Monday during Easter, I went to Henrietta's birthday party and we went to Splash Planet and when we went on the train we went past the pirate ship and it made me feel sad because all you see is burnt wood and then you make a connection that silly boys put it on fire.    





9 comments:

  1. Hi Ruby, your writing and pictures have made me feel sad about the pirate ship as well. The people who have set this ship alight were very selfish and didn't think about the decision they were making. I really like some of the vocab you have used like 'direlect' and you've thought about the reading strategy of 'making connections'. Fantastic work Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruby I hope you have been enjoying your Holidays. I was just checking The Kauri Hub Blog and under your name it said Pirate Ship So I thought that you have done a new post. After reading your Writing it made me feel sad as well. Keep the great work up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! that looks like a tornado has whooshed into town and destroyed the ship

    ReplyDelete
  4. >:(| When I was round about 3 or 4 years old I was able to play on the pirate ship but when I was about 5 it closed down.
    :|) The pirate ship was about to reopen, BUT! Those idiots burnt it down!!! >x(|

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sad because I never got to play on the ship, I only got to play on the kayaks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Ruby your Mum must have been scared when she saw that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Ruby wot a sham

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! ruby i love how you disrcibed it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ruby this story is so detailed that I just love reading it because it just hooks me into the story it must have been scary for your mum to be watching it burn down because that has been there for ever and lots of people have memories from when they where children also the owners would be sad to. Also this story has so much detail that i just want to read it over and over and over again. Great job and keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete